Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Thinking about those Christmas Cards already? Maybe a mini album for the holidays coming up so you'll be ready to shoot those photos right in?
October 12th 13th 14th Camp Jubilee Scrapbooking Retreat Weekend Camp Jubilee on the Indian Arm in Deep Cove, North Vancouver To reserve a room in the lodge, please send me a cheque asap. Lodge rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. It has worked out well in the past that the ladies who have wanted a lodge room and sent in their money first, have been given priority for a lodge room.
Boat leaves Deep Cove at around 5pm (there is safe overnight parking available)
Rustic cabins have bunkbeds for you and your friends (have your own cabin) or sleep in the lodge room with a friend Bringing a baby, definitely book a lodge room!
Free make n'take
Sightseeing: There are hiking trails available for you to use. You can also sit on the dock and relax beside the ocean depending on the weather! We can just stay indoors and scrapbook!
Food: includes Friday food shortly after arrival, Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner,dessert, snack and Sunday brunch. If you need even more snacking, bring some goodies- there are fridges to use if you want to bring dips etc.
We set up tables for you and your friends to sit together and spread out your stuff. Not a scrapbooker? NO problem! We've had knitters along, too! Also the room downstairs has tons of natural light and plenty of electrical outlets if you are a quilter or want to sew. You would need to bring your machine and the supplies for your projects. Bring a pair of slippers along for walking around in the hall. Besides lots of light there is a nice view of the water too. We can bring ironing board and my cordless iron for you if you let us know. Six or Twelve foot of tables available depending on need.
1. Bring all your bedding (sleeping bag, bed sheets and pillow)
2. Don't forget your SLIPPERS (they are super comfy and are mandatory in the lodge)
3. Don't forget your toiletries and towels
4. There is a fridge in case you need to bring some food that needs to be kept cold, like dips for chips.
5. There is a dvd and tv, so if you want to watch a movie bring it up!
I have Couples Retreat to watch this weekend!
6. Bring some snackies, if you want/need munchies between meals.
The directions for driving:
1. Drive west on Highway #1 towards North Vancouver
2. Take the Second Narrows Bridge and stay in the right hand lane
3. Take the first exit right after the bridge- Dollarton Highway and drive east
4. Stay on that road, it will take you right into Deep Cove
5. Once in Deep Cove, you will see a glimmer of ocean ahead- keep driving
6. You will drive into a sort of round-about and turn right.
7. Take the first left road, which will take you down to the docks
8. You can unload your car there- then drive back up and park along the road
9. Nobody has ever had anything stolen from their vehicle, but make sure that you don't leave anything inviting inside
10. Please give yourselves plenty of time to get there- the boat will leave at 5:30 p.m. It takes about 10-15 minutes to unload your car and then drag everything down to the dock. It takes another 10-20 minutes to load everything.
Posted by Camp Crop-A-Lot at 4:09 PM